Geek In the Pink

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Night Driving

Kind of like night swimming, only it's not a song by that band I hate, and I was completely clothed.

Did anyone ever notice that your car always seems to be going faster at night? I was driving on Rte 2 and looked down to discover I was 10 miles under the speed limit, but I thought I was doing 65. Then when I sped up to 65, I thought I was going to crash into some sort of furry woodland creature and thus meet my untimely death.

Anathema and I watched The Phantom of the Opera and The Stepford Wives tonight. What I noticed about Raoul and the Phantom is this--Raoul sings love songs, you bring him home to meet the 'rents. The Phantom...he sings to get you horny and have his way with you in the back corner of the club. (Incidentally, my love for the Phantom and my love for Darth Vader blossomed at roughly the same time.) You feel safe with Raoul; you feel naughty and alive with the Phantom. (This is, of course, only the movie/musical version. The book is a whole nother ball-o-wax. Did I just mix metaphors? It's 1:46 in the morning. Whatever.)

So those are some of my thoughts. I'm going to go back to the vaguely homo-erotic tale of an aging painting as I drift off to dreamland.

Your Star Wars Pickup Line

"If I said you had a mint first-edition, still-in-box action figure, would you hold it against me?"











Your Birthdate: December 5

With a birthday on the 5th of the month you are inclined to work well with people and enjoy them.

You are talented and versatile, very good at presenting ideas.

You may have a tendency to get itchy feet at times and need change and travel.



You tend to be very progressive, imaginative and adaptable.

Your mind is quick, clever and analytical.

A restlessness in your nature may make you a bit impatient and easily bored with routine.

You may have a tendency to shirk responsibility


2 Comments:

  • At 1:05 AM , Blogger Tusc said...

    That was answer enough for me. I respect that. I hope you can find the same glimmer of happiness. Well, I know you will. Because you're you. I also know you may change your mind. Not that you will, but you may. I don't begrudge you that right. And no matter what comes, I will always consider you highest among my friends. I'm just sorry we still can't speak to one another after five years. Get some sleep, party girl. And I hope you had the chance to see Batman... it ruled! =)

     
  • At 1:20 AM , Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

    ciao

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home