Geek In the Pink

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Abuses of the English Language

The following sentence appears in the book Echoes from Women of the Alamo:

It was the evening of the last day before the Alamo would fall at dawn of the next morning...


WTF??? I literally had to read the sentence three times to figure out what was going on.

Also, Always Maxi Pads' new saying is "Have a happy period." Did a man make that up? 'Cause seriously...yeah.

Chewbacca is one of the hunks of 1983 and He-Man is a homoerotic cartoon. This information brought you by VH1.

I got my junior text book all tabbed-out for the year. In other words, I went through and tabbed which stories/poems/essays/etc I'm hoping to teach. I figure between that and the syllabus I wrote for Creative Writing, I actually did some work.

Hope everyone's weeks are going well.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    Yes, the original He-man show was homoerotic although I didn't notice at the time. Here's a question no one has the answer to I'm sure: WTH happened to the remake of said cartoon? I really enjoyed it.

    As for commercial that suck, the new Old Navy commercial with the "Diner of Pants" makes absolutely no sense...

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger Tusc said...

    Off-topic post... sorry, wasn't sure how often you check your mail and I don't have my cell w/ me...

    Your father still looking for a lab? Uncle Trevor has 11 puppies as of this week. Half of them are male. Likewise, half are yellow and half are black. The mother is Maize and the father is Star's brother, Max. All told, these puppies have something like 14 champions of show and 8 champions of field. Likewise, Maize's father was champion of both show and field.... VERY rare from what I'm told. Regardless, you know the dogs involved, so it is obvious that these pups will be more intelligent than most, strong, beautiful, and hip-problem free. They're also probably $800 or more each and going quickly. So if your father, or anyone else you all know, is looking for a new lab... give my uncle a call. =)

    Me? I get to go home and play with puppies next weekend. Neener neener. I also get to get funky in a mud volleyball tournament. This weekend I play host, yet again, to visiting dignitaries... (the folks finally decided to visit DC, LOL)

    The puppies were the main topic though. Spread the joy!

    PS - think the folks would lose it if I bought one for myself?

    ...yeah, I thought so, too. Still... if they'd be ANYTHING like Star it would be worth it. I couldn't take her with me when I go, since she is the family's and still technically gram's. So I was thinking of staking one out for myself next week. =)

    Three is definitely one too many for the house, I believe. Know of any clean/classy condos in the Middletown area that accept pets?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home