Geek In the Pink

Friday, August 11, 2006

Much Ado About Nothing

Hopefully, dear readers, you are smart enough to realize that the italics in the title suggest that this will not be a woeful and melancholy discussion of my life this week. Rather, I will be discussing some sort of literary/filmatic (is that a word?) piece. In this particular case, we are on the subject of film.

This is the first Shakespeare I have ever seen where I didn't know the story ahead of time; I have never read this comedy of his. I was pleased with the story and the acting (even Keanu seemed to know what he was doing) and was laughing quite a bit throughout the whole thing. It's kind of like Hamlet-meets-Othello, but there's no body count at the end. Instead, all end up with true love (if the audience met said true love in Act 1) and there's just enough tongue-in-cheek innuendo (that Billy is so good at) to amuse your inner fourteen year old.

If you haven't seen this movie, you should. I end with this: Kenneth Brannaugh = Love

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home