Geek In the Pink

Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday Morning After

The party went SO well, I just woke up.

Kidding.

We lost power in half of the apartment at 8:30 yesterday morning, then lost power in the entire apartment around 11. So I did not get to post about the party, or anything else for that matter. Instead, we went shopping for books we did not need, as well as a lamp, toilet paper and paper towels we did need.

So the party went well. It was mostly A's friends or mutual friends, mostly because my friends were either busy or are, you know, not living in the state. We have tons of food and booze left over, so anyone who feels like drinking or doesn't feel like cooking should swing by.

We got another cat. He is A's, obviously. Cleo is not happy about it, although she hasn't killed Hob (that's his name) yet, so we're taking that as a good sign. How, you may be wondering, do I know my cat is unhappy? Well, besides the growling, hissing, spitting and hiding, she also suddenly has a gag reflex and has puked twice now in less than 12 hours--once on my bedroom floor at 3am, and once on my bed while I was out grocery shopping earlier today. So the two loads of laundry I was planning doing have suddenly become three. Yay. She keeps trying to eat Hob's food, so I'm wondering if that might be what's making her sick. It is Kitten Chow after all.

My summer is over starting next Thursday. Mentally, I think I'm ready to go back. However, I don't feel prepared to go back, and that's more due to slacking on my part than anything else. I'm ready to teach my writing class, but still have no idea what to do for my portfolio.

Funny story, school related. My brother calls me from the golf course Saturday morning (which in and of itself is a good way to start a story) and tells me he's golfing with one of my students from last year (he and the kid's older brother are friends). Said former student wanted to know if I could pull any strings and get him into my English class again this year. It's funny, because this student actually got a D one quarter, but overall was at least a high-C student. So I don't know if he wants to have me because he knows me, or because he liked my class, but the sentiment is rather sweet.

I have season 3 of Voyager now, so I'm going to do some time traveling.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    Roommie says "Yes we do, but we don't guarantee freshness upon recepit." ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home