Geek In the Pink

Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Rule of Four

Weird book. I wanted it to be like The Secret History, but it did not meet my expectations. Still, it was interesting because of how crazy everyone was getting over this book...the book in the book.

Quotes:

"Be honest with yourself Tom, any company that thinks you deserve a salary like that isn't going to be around very long. You don't even know what they do."--Paul, p. 14

"I have a peculiar middle name, which for parts of my childhood I carried like an albatross around my neck."--Tom, p. 20

"Her rising importance in my life is a fact Charlie accepts by reminding himself that sharp women often have terrible taste in men."--Tom, p. 23

"The Good Friday sermon is now nothing more than a lecture delivered by a member of the humanities faculty; the only thing mentioned less often than God in the lecture is hell."--Tom, p. 131

"The comedy of being chronically latefor my own life was lost on me."--Tom, p. 244

"A darkness was setting in, a book lover's heartbreak..."--Tom, p. 292

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home