Geek In the Pink

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

A. and I went to see this movie last night. It was...strange. I mean, my head hurt after seeing it. Everyone in the movie did an AMAZING job: from Michelle Williams who finally got to lose her Dawson's Creek-ness to Anne Hathoway who was a far cry from The Princess Diaries. The actual, er, initiation into the relationship between Jack and Ennis was...odd; I definitely needed more explanation than was given. But the rest of the movie, about these two men trying to live straight, "cowboy" lives in the 60s and 70s was done quite well. I don't recommend this movie, however, to any of my straight, male readers, as I don't think you'll enjoy it.

This movie (like Alexander) did teach me to appreciate slash in a way I had not before.

In other news, we're catsitting and it is not going well. Our cats don't seem to mind over-much, but Loki has taken to hiding under the couch, peeing on things he ought not to, and growling every chance he gets. Really, we're getting a bit sick of it.

I have tons of work today, and I have to remember to leave sub plans for Wednesday as I'm going to professional development that day. Woohoo. Also, must pay rent and other assorted bills this morning.

But first, breakfast. I've put on a lot of weight in the past two weeks and am thoroughly disgusted with myself. Also have a nasty sore throat and do not wish to think about getting sick again so close to the last time I got sick.








A Black Bishop
You scored 2 Power-Finesse, 3 Leader-Follower, 3 Unique-Ordinary, and 1 Offense-Defense!
You are conniving and sneaky, and often overlooked by your opponent. You are content to stay off to one side, allowing the bloodbath to ensue. Then, when the moment is right and the other king has let his guard down you strike! Your indirect approach to things gives your team more options. However, in the big picture you are expendable. No matter how hard you try, you can only reach half the squares on the board.

Link: The What Chess Piece Are You Test written by Gundark27 on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home