Geek In the Pink

Monday, March 13, 2006

From the strange to the serious with a "yay" in between.

So, A and I were good girls and got up at the ass-crack of dawn to go to the gym. I did a 40 minute workout, took a nice shower, all felt good. I was a little hungry (I'd had fruit and yogurt and cereal for breakfast), so I had my Luna bar.

But I couldn't stop eating. I kept drinking water, hoping that would calm the tummy, but to no avail. I had two mini-blueberry muffins and a nutrigrain bar before lunch. For lunch I had a salad with some cheese in it, followed by Goldfish crackers and chocolate and a cookie that was on the table during our PD meeting.

I'm home, drinking water, and still hungry. This is hella annoying.

On the positive side, my passport arrived today. I am muy excited, especially since my picture does not suck at life. I also got my copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire so we should all do a little dance of joy.

And now on the more serious note. I don't want to sound like an alcoholic, but I have a very strange relationship with booze. When I go out to bars or restaurants, I can drink safely and in moderation and don't ever get too hammered. When I'm at a party, or with my parents however, I drink to excess. And I don't even realize I'm doing it. I'll be a little tipsy, know I'm talking more loudly than normal, but I don't feel drunk. It's not until later that night, or the next morning, when I'm bent over the toilet, that I realize perhaps I should have stopped.

I like to drink socially, but I obviously have to be much more vigilant about how much and of what I drink. I have noticed, however, that with the exception of IBN (International Beer Night), my worst mornings are after I've consumed wine. Allergy? Sheer quantity? It's an interesting question, I feel.

I liked this so much, I decided to do it again for today:

1. How does the world see me?

"Tiny Dancer" by Elton John. Okay, this was my theme song with a certain someone, and I still love it, so if this is how the world sees me, that's cool.

2. Will I have a happy life?

"Beep" by the Pussycat Dolls. I'm apparently going to be a sex object. Huh.

3. What do my friends really think of me?

"Quittin' Time" by Mary Chapin Carpenter. Oh, so you all want to leave me and just don't know how to say it? Gee, thanks. ;)

4. Do people secretly lust after me?

"Tourniquet" by Evanescence. Okay, that's just creepy.

5. How can I make myself happy?

"3 Small Words" by Josie and the Pussycats. I guess I need to make men like me for me.

6. What should I do with my life?

"All the Lilacs in Ohio" by John Hiatt. Save people from themselves. Great.

7. Will I ever have children?

"What Matters" by Matthew Sweet. So...yes, if I'm supposed to? *scratches head*

8. What is some good advice for me?

"Ben's Death/TIE Fighter Attack" from ANH. I should not let the deaths of those around me bother me too much? WTF?

9. How will I be remembered?

"If I Didn't Have You" by Amanda Marshall. Okay, that's sweet.

10. What is my signature dancing song?

"The Way" by Fastball. Nice and depressing. Great.

11. What do I think my current theme song is?

"Grapefruit/Juicey Fruit" by Jimmy Buffett. I'm a fruit, apparently.

12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?

"The Night Before" from Troy. I guess that's better than "The Morning After." ;)

13. What song will play at my funeral?

"I'll Never Break Your Heart" by the Backstreet Boys. Don't cry for me, folks.

14. What type of men/women do you like?

"Old Habits are Hard to Break" by John Hiatt. Okay, that's pretty self-explanatory. I'm in trouble.

15. What is my day going to be like?

"Talk to Me" by Stevie Nicks. Guess I'm going to be a sounding board for the next 24 hours.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    Red wine bothers my parents although I don't seem to share that problem. Sure I do the most drinking with my parents but what's your excuse? :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home