Geek In the Pink

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And so it goes...

Today is the last day of my summer vacation. I spent half of it at school, making some photocopies and putting up the "finishing touches" in my classroom. Of course, copying was finite, as I still have no idea how many students I'll actually have. Or what the schedule looks like. 'Cause, yeah.

A's cat is attacking the wall. STRANGE kitty.

We watched "Constantine" last night. Obviously, a second go-round for me, but I still enjoyed it. We know how much I like apoclypse fiction.

I should be looking up some stuff online, or going out to CVS to make photocopies of...something, which I won't reveal, on the off chance that someone is reading this. Anyway.

Getting up early is sucking the big monkey balls. I really could use a nap at the moment, and there are serious temptations to just do it. But I have to be up even earlier tomorrow because I have to be at work BY 7:25, or face the Late Book. Which, as you may well imagine, is not a good thing.

Did I tell you all I read "The Messenger," by Lois Lowry? Well, I did. It's kind of a sequel to "The Giver," but not officially. Okay as far as children's lit goes, obviously a very quick read. Right now, I am reading "The Magician's Nephew," part one of a gagillion in The Chronicles of Narnia. Can you believe I've never read these books? I don't know what rock I was under. But under a rock I was.

*stares at calendar* *runs around apartment screaming*

Funny. Watch and enjoy! http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html

4 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    Chronologically, in terms of plot, it is the first book...

     
  • At 7:30 PM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    Release date is Dec. 9th. Happy birthday to me!

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    I expect you to have read all the books by then...Ok, your busy now so through The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe I suppose will do. (See? Even the movie people know what order to put them in...)

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    I was turned off The Chronicles of Narnia at a very early age. I was in grade six and it was the worst field trip ever for me. We saw some theatrical/dance interpretation of "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe." I hated it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home