Geek In the Pink

Thursday, October 27, 2005

This Post Brought to You by the Number Seven

So, according to the scale at the gym, I've lost 7 pounds. I don't quite know how this is possible, as I've been eating like crap the last two weeks and didn't even see the inside of the gym last week, but...*shrugs* We will rejoice in the lying scale. :)

Tomorrow is Friday and after being at school last night until 8:30, I am REALLY glad I have half a day. 6:45am-8:30pm is WAY too many hours to spend at your place of employment. I got out for dinner...that was about it.

Okay, the commercial on TV right now is for a DVD-version of Candy Land. This almost pisses me off as much as DVDs that read to your kid. Look, the child is not going to learn to read by watching the televison. You learn to read by someone forcing you to sound things out; the narrator of your book-on-DVD doesn't know if you're doing your part. This is just another part of parents being RIDICULOUSLY lazy.

Sorry, angry about conferences. "Well, why is my child failing?" "Your kid doesn't do his homework."

The new Joaquin Phoenix movie, "Walk the Line," might be worth a look-see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home