Geek In the Pink

Sunday, October 23, 2005

What a weekend

Let's go back to Friday for a moment. Friday A and I weren't sure what we were going to do, so I called my brother to ask him what he was up to. Brother reminded me that we were supposed to be going out to dinner with he and his gf at the East Side, a German restaurant. So I call the restaurant and get reservations (phew!) We had a BLAST. The beer was good, the food was good, Chris had to wear a crazy chicken hat...there are pictures, most likely to be posted tomorrow evening.

Saturday I got up rather early, ate breakfast, then drove home to drop my car off with the mechanic. Then it was off to Clinton for shopping with my mother. I came away with four sweaters, four pairs of pants, a pair of shoes, some socks and a Mr. Misto. Came back to the apartment and the roommie and I watched Bride and Prejudice and Batman Begins.

B&J was VERY funny, reminiscent of the only other Bollywood movie I've seen: lots of singing and dancing and no kissing. I am ashamed to admit that I haven't read Jane Austen's work in a really long time, but I think I'm going to have to soon because 1. I remember liking the story and 2. the Keira Knightly version is coming out soon and I'll want to see that.

And now...Batman. As we all may or may not know, Batman has always been my favorite superhero, mostly because he had no special powers, save for his money. There was WAY too much talking in the beginning of this movie. I understand he's conflicted, blah blah blah, but Liam Neeson channeled Qui Gon one too many times. I still like the Michael Keaton "Batman" better, but this one was WAY superior to "Batman and Robin," which, you know, sucked.

Today was a little more low key, but noless busy. Got up, went to the gym, came home, went grocery shopping. Then off to Manchester to go shopping with A and her mother. But wait, FIRST we had to go to the airport because A's father's flight had been canceled, only to find he was renting a car and really we didn't need to come up to Bradley after all, but we were already there. We went to Target, lunch, Sam's and iParty to get stuff for the...well, for the party on Saturday. We have no menu to speak of, yet, but many ideas.

My boys won today! *does dance of joy*

I'm thinking about a "new" car. My Volvo is wonderful, but it's starting to make more noises than I'd like, the CD player isn't working and...well, it doesn't really go in the snow. I was considering a Toyota Highlander Hybrid, but I think it's out of my price range. Best guess right now is a Subaru Outback. My father and I might go car browsing on Tuesday, after we go out and buy my mother her birthday present...she's 50 this year...OMG!

Twenty minutes until "Charmed" and "The West Wing." I dinnae wanna go to work tomorrow!

This kind of explains my dating problem:
You Are 60% Boyish and 40% Girlish

You are pretty evenly split down the middle - a total eunuch.
Okay, kidding about the eunuch part. But you do get along with both sexes.
You reject traditional gender roles. However, you don't actively fight them.
You're just you. You don't try to be what people expect you to be.


I knew even answering the question I got it wrong. That should count for half-credit.
You Passed 8th Grade Math

Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home