Geek In the Pink

Friday, March 17, 2006

St.Patrick's Day

Click on title for fun lyrics.

So, as most of you know, I spent much of my pubescent years with metal in my mouth attempting to fix generations of Anglo-Saxon dental problems. As a result, I've been a good girl and wear my retainer almost every night.

After 8 years I needed a new one, so off I went for a replacement.

Ow.

It's like having my teeth in braces all over again. The suckers are straighter than they've been in years, but it's still a little uncomfortable to, you know chew first thing in the morning.

Yesterday was one of those days at work in which things just went from bad...to really bad. And it wasn't even ME that was having the bad day, but things spiralled out of control and the whole wing I teach on was just...very tense.

CAPT testing is now over, though, so I'm hoping that the kids get back to normal. I'm going to kill my third period class, but that's really neither here nor there.

Oh, I have two students who were expelled for the year. Isn't that special?

Hope everyone has a great Friday! Don't drink too much Guinness.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    You still wear a retainer? I a retainer and braces but that was years ago. Yes, you are a good girl.

    Three students expelled? Kids are getting worse and worse. Another friend who's a 5th grade teacher told me today that student threw a chair at the back of her head earlier this week...

     
  • At 11:55 PM , Blogger JRRyan said...

    I heart the new look. Funky, retro, yet still clean looking! props and snaps, chickie!

     
  • At 2:46 AM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    How did the kids get expelled?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home