Geek In the Pink

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Following Two Thoughts Will Not Seem Connected:

1. The movie Proof is very good, especially if you like movies about geniuses. Anthony Hopkins is love, of course, but Gwenyth does a remarkably good job. Also, there is a very interesting line about what mathematicians do at conferences that should amuse anyone who has ever known a math major. It made me want to see "Finding Forrester" again, as well, because that movie was very cool.

2. I hate my portfolio. It makes me feel very stupid, it fills me with dread, and I loathe to even open the files on my computer. The procrastination shopping I did today with my brother's gf would easily have been filled some other way had I been at home. There's this nauseating feeling in the pit of my stomach that only fills me with more sickness. It's like a panic attack you can see coming and can't do anything to avoid.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    Finding Forrester was really inspirational to me as an aspirining writer and Proof does look really good.

    I'd tell you also you portfolio will be fine but somehow, I doubt you'll believe me...

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    You have a very, very high standard. Don't beat yourself up too much. As others have said, you're probably doing fine at the very, very least.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home