Geek In the Pink

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Comfort Level

I had my brother and his gf over for dinner tonight. Brother was supposed to bring a friend, but that friend was incomunicado, so it was just the three of us. I got my brother to eat the spinach-artichoke dip, as well as chicken burgers. This was a pretty big deal. His gf was very pleased with everything, which made me feel very cool.

At 6, her phone starts beeping angrily. She says, "Oh, that's me!" and pops out her pill to take (you know the one I'm talking about). I knew she was on them (see early March entry) but the fact that she felt comfortable enough around me to take it was, I must say, pretty cool.

I am, at the moment, attempting to download this week's episode of Veronica Mars for the roommate because I forgot to tape it on Tuesday and then my VCR was being retarded on Wednesday and I only got half the episode. But the place I'm downloading it from is also being retarded. Grr...arg...etc.

That is all. Did no work today. Am going to the Sub Ball tomorrow. Should probably do laundry. Will now watch a CSI rerun. Oh yes, what an exciting life I lead.


You scored as New Democrat. New Democrats emphasize fiscal conservatism, and have a strong preference for the free market. They believe in small-scale programs that provide targetted help to those in need, while working with the business community.


What's Your Political Philosophy?
created with QuizFarm.com

4 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger JRRyan said...

    Go go Sub Ball!!! Mmmm...will all the guys be wearing uniforms? That's so hot I can't even handle it...

    Hopefully they aren't all from CT so you'll have a better chance of not being bored, no offense to guys from CT but Southern guys really know how to have fun conversation...

     
  • At 11:17 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    it's morning, I am just sayin' hi.

     
  • At 7:10 AM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    At this point, I'm not really surprised she felt comfortable around you since they've been together a long time. She still may not be comfortable around you're parents or perhaps hers...

    What's so weird about chicken burgers? The dip though, wow!

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger leila said...

    spinach and artichoke dip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home