Geek In the Pink

Saturday, April 29, 2006

It so rocks to be me

Instead of doing anything fun today, I get to lock myself up some place and work on my portfolio until my eyes bleed and I pass out due to a panic attack. Doesn't anyone want to switch places with me?

*crickets*

Okay, guess not.

Went to the doctor yesterday because I had this strange lump on the outside of my throat. Go me, I might have a thyroid problem. Or a cyst in my thyroid, which would be equally as fun. So I got up at 7:15, fasting (so I could have my cholesterol done too), took a shower and drove to have my blood drawn. Don't you all envy me?

Also, Hob was attacking poor Carrot the Bunny again when I woke up this morning. I don't know why the cat has it out for the guy, but he does.

All right, off to make breakfast and then begin my day of torture. I just wanted everyone to know I was indeed alive.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger leila said...

    Glad to hear you're alive! Stay away from soy, it can aggravate thyroid conditions (my mom had that problem).

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    Okay, then what am I supposed to drink to keep my cholesterol down? I don't like rice milk and I'm not supposed to drink cow's milk...WTF?

    *grumbles*

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger jayiin mistaya said...

    Good luck on your portfolio.

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Depends on the thyroid problem... it's the phytoestrogens. Ask your doc or nurse or whatever about how birth control affects it, too.

    We find thyroid cysts all the time in clinic. They usually come and go unnoticed if you're not looking for them.

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    Milk doesn't do your body good!?!?

    Also, does your family have a history with cholesterol-related issues?

    I'm glad you're alive. You'll be okay, right? :)

     
  • At 3:00 AM , Blogger JRRyan said...

    Do you have a real bunny?

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    No, not a real bunny... a cute stuffed bunny.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home