Geek In the Pink

Saturday, May 06, 2006

More Medical Mysteries

Well, my cholesterol is down to 210 (34 points...w00t!) and my bad cholesterol is at 143...I don't remember where it was before. So that's the good news. The bad news is the ultrasound and the bloodwork didn't show anything wrong with my thyroid. And last night's latest adventure was the bump...moved. It's now right under my jaw. Stil no impeding my life, but things are getting stranger. I have to call Monday to make an appointment again, obviously.

Yesterday was Cinquo De Mayo. Was supposed to go out to Margaritas, but instead we hung out here for most of the evening, drinking Lady-made maragritas, then walked our butts across the street for a few drinks. Have a bit of a headache this morning, although I suspect that is from the lack of water more than the amount of booze consumed.

My portfolio is "done." It's 83 pages long. I still have to work on the video portion, which is going to be the death of me, but my principal has signed off on it and there's nothing much more to be done. I put in to take next Friday off and then it will be officially out of my hands.

I don't think I actually taught yesterday. Oh, I had classes, and the students did work, but I think I may have avoided teaching entirely. It was kind of cool. ;) Monday I'll actually have to do some work (stupid Creative Writing kids), Tuesday I'm at a workshop, Wednesday & Thursday we teach and then Friday off again. Nice week. I still have one more PL day to use after this...I'm trying to decide when to take it...my mom has May 30th off, and it's tempting, but that's the last day I'll have with my freshmen and seniors for the year and I'd actually kind of hate to miss it. No, I think my day off needs to be in June, sometime, when my god-awful sophomores and juniors are with me.

Sidebar-I had to tell one of my sophomore classes they are no longer going to watch movies in my class. That's right, they can't sit down and shut up...therefore, no movies for them. Suffer, ya little bastards. They're also not going out to use the bathroom. Someone wrote "Smoke Weed" on my lav pass, and I know it was their class. I even have a pretty good idea as to what kid it was. Can't prove it though, so until someone fesses up, lav use is restricted. Suffer, I say again.

All right, I'm off to finish watching A Sound of Thunder, based on the Ray Bradbury short story. It's actually not too bad.

Katharine Hepburn
You scored 23% grit, 14% wit, 52% flair, and 23% class!
You are the fabulously quirky and independent woman of character. You go your own way, follow your own drummer, take your own lead. You stand head and shoulders next to your partner, but you are perfectly willing and able to stand alone. Others might be more classically beautiful or conventionally woman-like, but you possess a more fundamental common sense and off-kilter charm, making interesting men fall at your feet. You can pick them up or leave them there as you see fit. You share the screen with the likes of Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, thinking men who like strong women.


Find out what kind of classic leading man you'd make by taking the
Classic Leading Man Test.




My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 61% on grit
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 9% on wit
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 83% on flair
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 35% on class
Link: The Classic Dames Test written by gidgetgoes on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home