Geek In the Pink

Thursday, September 22, 2005

One of those weeks...

Yeah, I know it's not over yet, but I feel like I need to get it behind me. Work hasn't sucked profoundly or anything...in fact, I've rather enjoyed it for the most part. Still, I want it to be 2:55 tomorrow, so I know that I have 72 hours where I DON'T have to be there.

Just been a weird week emotionally/motivationally for me. I haven't felt like doing much of anything in the way of planning, which is bad. Also just feeling a little nutters--insecure, paranoid...all those great things that really add up to being a positive member of society.

Not sure what my plans are for the weekend, other than Ikea at some point, but I don't know if they're going to involve the POI. See paranoia and insecurity above, but I'm a little hurt about that. It was kind of nice knowing I'd see him once a week. Alas and alack, perhaps so goes the experience.

Brother is driving down to Baltimore this weekend with 'the girl' so they can see an Orioles game. They're staying over for 2 nights and my mother is FREAKING out. Because...yes, well, she's my mother. And my mother likes to freak out.

OMG! Yesterday morning at the gym. I'm almost done with my workout, maybe 2 minutes left in the cool down. This woman comes up to me and says something, but of course I can't hear her because I was rockin' out to...something. Unimportant. So I take off my headphones and she repeats herself: "Weren't you only signed up until 5:45?" Sure enough, the clock said 5:47. I said, "Uh, sorry," and got off the treadmill...to discover that almost the entire BANK of treadmills behind me was empty. I'm sorry, you needed THAT treadmill? WTF? And it wasn't like she was watching TV or anything, she was listening to music and reading. I know that the gym has you sign up for your machine, but that's REALLY more for extremely busy times....like between 6:30 and 8 in the morning and 5:30 and 7 at night. Could she not have just used ANOTHER treadmill? I was really pissed off about it.

See, THIS is why I need it to be Friday.

CSI premiere tonight. Woohoo!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    Hopefully, your brother cheers on the Sox because, girl, they need it.

    Actually, I don't know about your gym but, at some, people have there info stored on the machine's memory so they have to use a particular machine.

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    NO, obviously she couldn't use another treadmill, it had to be THAT treadmill, because she was signed up for it. And those are the RULES.


    *sarcasm plugin*

     
  • At 4:46 AM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    Yay prizes!

     
  • At 6:30 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Oh yeah,the book exchange thing. Karen and I talked about this. I sent books to each of you, please give me some now ^_^

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    Creepy

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    Guys are stupid. I'll explain further if you ever want me to, but for now, I can kick someone's butt if you wish.

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    I think I've caught on to something... am I the only guy who comments on your blog?

    Because if I am, I have to tell you again that you have not been paranoid. In addition, you have no reason to feel insecure and hurt.

    If you do, it's because the truth of the matter is that the POI is a bit of a jerk in that he's basically trying to have his cake and eat it, too.

    From what you told me, you did nothing wrong. He likes you. (What SW fan wouldn't?) Unfortunately, HE is the one who's insecure and paranoid.

    I'm sorry us guys are so messed up and don't know how to relate to girls.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home