Geek In the Pink

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Where did my weekend go?

Oh, right...I spent most of Friday night drunk and/or puking, Saturday recovering...and now it's noon on Sunday and I still haven't done any work.

A. and I watched Catch Me if You Can on Friday. Everyone knows how I feel about Tom Hanks (and if you don't you clearly haven't been paying much attention) but he did not detract from this movie. I'd love to read the REAL story behind it some day, but I definitely was NOT disappointed. Many funny lines, but this one particularly amused me:

Frank Abagnale, Jr.: Brenda, I don't want to lie to you anymore. All right? I'm not a doctor. I never went to medical school. I'm not a lawyer, or a Harvard graduate, or a Lutheran. Brenda, I ran away from home a year and a half ago when I was 16.
Brenda Strong: Frank? Frank? You're not a Lutheran?


Friday night we went to International Beer Night. Yeah, 'nuff said.

Yesterday I went to see Wicked as part of her Christmas present. Not one of those musicals that you'll be singing along to afterwards, but the music was nice, the actors and actresses were good and, over all, it is a very interesting interpretation of The Wizard of Oz. I haven't read the book yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

We were supposed to go out clubbing last night, but almost all of the people we were going to go with totally spazed on us (grumble for another time) so we sat at home and fell asleep around 10:30.

Today has so far included breakfast and Sahara. It's kind of modern-day Indiana Jones but the movie itself had far too many loose ends than I am comfortable with. Still, if I read the book, perhaps I'd get it more.

Amusing line:

Dirk Pitt: He's going to blow it up.
Al Giordino: That isn't very subtle.


Must do some Xmas shopping today...or at least buy a crock-pot and George Foreman for the apartment. :)








Farmer Brown
You scored 40 outspokenness, 24 orthodoxy, 47 intuition, and 61 earthiness!
While you are not the most observant of folks, you're also not a troublemaker, and you haven't a whit of psychic ability to get you into trouble. You are, however, rather close to the earth, which in this instance probably means you spend a good deal of your time covered with it. Unless your neighbor gets jealous of your green thumb or your juicy wife (with whom you have relations regularly), you're not likely to be accused of witchcraft. If you are a woman, you might have to be a bit more careful. Luckily for you, you're good at keeping your head down and your mouth shut. Just keep selling those prize-winning pumpkins and sucking up to the Town Elders and you should be fine.

Link: The Witch Trial Survival Test written by okellelala on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

3 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    Wow. You've gone all multimedia with this post. Now, even less people will want to read mine :)

    I've been very interested in Wicked myself. Some day I will see it.

     
  • At 11:48 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    I'd so totally be accused of witchcraft, "natural philosophers" can't be women.

     
  • At 1:33 AM , Blogger JRRyan said...

    Hey K!!!

    Crockpots for the win!!! I totally need one too. Can you imagine, putting raw food in and coming home and it's all hot and delicious and one-pot-ed and easy cleanup? WOOT! it just can't get any better. I read that guy's other book THE OTHER STEP-SISTER or something and I thought it was ginormously overrated but i heard better things about WICKED so you never know. ALSO, I've been reading THE #1 LADIES' DETECTIVE AGANCY books and they are so excellent.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home