Geek In the Pink

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Panic Attack Commences

In lieu of going to real work tomorrow, I'm heading off to a workshop that will, in theory, help me work on my portfolio that is due in May. I've been putting off working on it because the thing scares the shit out of me; every time I sit down to work on it, I begin to have a panic attack, so scared am I of failing this thing and having to find yet ANOTHER thing to do with my life. I probably should be working on it now, but my brain is so fried, and I am so tired...

I think I may actually be getting fatter, not skinnier, despite the work I'm doing at the gym. And it is work, and I'm going almost every day (I skipped yesterday to go see the puppy, more on that later), and I've been eating 95% better than I was. But my clothes are fitting funny and I feel bloated and gross. Part of it is PMS I suppose, but my body isn't a big changer like this--sure I get klutzy, but that's about the extent of it. I just feel so gross about myself. I guess I'll call the physical trainer guy tomorrow. I don't want to cough up the money...I hope I'm not whining too much about this; please let me know if that is the case.

I feel like I've got a sunburn on my neck...but only on one side. Kind of uncomfortable; would like it to stop now.

Yesterday (Tuesday), my mom left a message on the cell phone saying "We got the puppy if you want to come see her." OMG-TEH CUTE! She's a little black lab (well, 25 lbs). Of course, she's doing stupid lab/puppy stuff and is driving my mother crazy, but she was adorable and appeared to like me a great deal. I'm going to have my father email me a picture so I can show her off.

There was something else I wanted to tell y'all...Oh yes! I don't know how many of you watch Bones, but you should, because it is cool. (And, you know, David Boreanz.) ANYWAY, there are books...not just the author's autobiography (She Mary-Sued herself to create Temperance), but actual novels that tell stories about the character. SO excited. Wish I had more time to read. Or had a smaller pile of books. Whichever.

Before I give you the quizzes, please go here to be entertained by a cool song...or at least the lyrics.

Your Japanese Name Is...

Leiko Hirohata


The Keys to Your Heart

You are attracted to good manners and elegance.

In love, you feel the most alive when everything is uncertain, one moment heaven... the next moment hell.

You'd like to your lover to think you are stylish and alluring.

You would be forced to break up with someone who was emotional, moody, and difficult to please.

Your ideal relationship is lasting. You want a relationship that looks to the future... one you can grow with.

Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.

You think of marriage something you've always wanted... though you haven't really thought about it.

In this moment, you think of love as something you can get or discard anytime. You're feeling self centered.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    You didn't know about Kathy Reich's novels? I suppose I too am guilty of reading the same authors again and again but that still surprises me. Since the books came first, I don't think they have anything to do with the show though...

     
  • At 3:06 PM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    They do, actually...same character, vaguely the same plot line...they're connected

     
  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    Temperence Brennen is the same yes but I don't recall the FBI...Uh. I never actaully read them myself but my father has. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home