Geek In the Pink

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Gym-Illness Paradox

Okay, so they tell us that if we workout we will be healthier. Okay, fine. So we go to the gym and we get buff and beautiful and we are adored by all.

Except when you are me. And you go to the gym for a week like a good girl and come down with a raging cold/sinus infection, which saps all your energy and makes you eat badly because you are sick.

W.T.F. is all I have to say about that.

I am trying to get with the happy about life, as it appears the biblical nature of the rain is over, and the end of the work year is approaching but I am still...blah. Things are just not going how I hoped they would be by this time and I'm feeling that general upheaval that comes upon me when I can't control stuff. Because then I start to second guess things, wonder how I've made my life more complicated, and generally become a miserable s.o.b to be around.

On the plus side, the seniors invited me to their prom. No, legitimately: I got an invitation in my mailbox and everything.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    Not to put any more stress on you, but do you have enough time to find a date and a new dress?

     
  • At 10:13 PM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    They pick their chaperones or are you invited as a guest?

    I don't think I fully realized how much alike we are until this moment. Sorry...

     
  • At 4:54 AM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    I'm not going to find a date and I have a dress I can wear already. ;)

    I think you're a guest/chaperone. They're feeding us, I know that much. And with so few kids showing up, most of us are guests, anyway.

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    I went stag to my prom and got to dance with four women so I think you may have more fun going dateless.

     
  • At 1:56 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    I met my new aunt from the Honduras in lieu of the prom... I couldn't afford the dress, tickets, chauffuer etc. It was nicer meeting Pati, in the long run :)

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    For those who aren't as familiar with my sense of humor, I was just kidding about the date and the dress thing.

    Anyway, just go and have a lot of fun.

    But if you need a date suggestion, how about someone in a Darth Vader mask? Everyone would think you rock so much. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home