Geek In the Pink

Friday, May 12, 2006

New Outlook

I know Leila's not a big fan of this color, but I thought I needed a new outlook on life and that the old one was a little dark.

Today, by best estimations, is the 1-year-mark of my freedom from a bad relationship I was in for far too long. Fitting that today is also the day I am turning in the one thing that really does determine my future, at least as far as teaching goes. Please everyone say a "Lady will pass" prayer whenever you think about it over the next few months. We'll either have elation or a nervous breakdown in September.

My brother is not having a good go of things; he was in court for the "incident" last year, and from all accounts was not particularly pleasant with his girlfriend on Wednesday night. I talked to both of them yesterday, told her not to take it personally, told him to buy her flowers. Then I get a phone call at 10:15 last night, he nearly in tears, asking if he can come over. 15-20 minutes later he calls back, saying he's turned around, he's "Got to fix this," and that was the last I've heard from him. I was hoping he'd call me last night or today at some point...I'll probably give him a call in about an hour or so. I'm just very worried about him...he's NEVER sounded like that before. Oy. Vey.

I also had the pleasure of my driver's side window jumping the track again, neccessitating me driving home yesterday so my mechanic could fix it, and then eating dinner with my parents and having some wine.

There are some days, when the money gets tight, that I seriously consider packing it all up and going back home. But then I think about what that looks like and also realize that, as an adult, I really should be able to handle this, just make better choices. I love my parents, but I don't think a person can move back in after being on his/her own. College is different...this the real world.

My mocha and I hope everyone has a good day. I'm hoping things are settled with my brother. *worry worry*

5 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    I'm not a huge fan of pink either but I think a change will brighten things up around here...I do not recommend you move back in with your parents unless you have absolutely no choice...

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger JRRyan said...

    hahahaha this pink is too pink for you Vader's handmaiden!!! w/e gl on your portfolio of awesomeness!

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    My first reaction when seeing this page was, "WHOAH!" I thought I loaded the wrong page or that it got hijacked.

    Err... I don't think this pink is you. How about fuscia? ;) But to quote the poet Sheryl Crow, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad."

    Kudos to you for not having died in the process of handing in your portfolio.

    Good luck to your brother.

     
  • At 1:58 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    You know, now that I think about it, I like the new look. Actually, let me rephrase. I much prefer the "Geek in the Pink" title over the other the previous one. The other one was slightly depressing, but this one, in my opinion, is more reflective of you, which makes sense, of course, since the song from where the title came is one of your theme songs. :) So you go, geeky girl in the pink!

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger JRRyan said...

    Check out the SW shirt on my blog. It was made for you! Except it's not a fitted-girl's T, but other than that...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home