Geek In the Pink

Monday, May 29, 2006

I need help

No, really. I should have seen this coming, it runs in the family, after all. Saturday night finally did it, though.

I have a drinking problem.

Do I think I need to go to AA? Unlikely. But I recognize now this is something I do not have control over; something that gets away from me quite easily, even when I don't mean for it to.

This is going to mean a lot of changes for me: no dinner parties with my parents, no going out with my brother, no going out roommate's friend's apartment for parties. Any vacations I take this summer will be curbed of this kind of enthusiasm.

I am really that bad.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM , Blogger Likestrek said...

    Is the problem you can't limit yourself to one or two glasses of wine or that you must drink if it's available? Remember that day I told you I woke up wanting to get drunk? Is it that bad? If so, you'll still be ok. Just never drink alone. My parents cut me off...

     
  • At 8:48 PM , Blogger JRRyan said...

    If you feel like you're losing control in this aspect in life, you owe it to yourself to scout out support options instead of cutting out lots of family and social things cold turkey...you'll just exacerbate what brings it on. gl chickie

     
  • At 12:18 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

    It's your call... if you feel like you need to avoid situations where you drink, it's probably a good idea, but it might be difficult in more than just the short term if you're cutting yourself off from socializing, too.

     
  • At 4:55 AM , Blogger LadyVader said...

    I look at this like people who quit smoking: for awhile, they need to avoid the places where they smoked so they aren't tempted. Eventually, one can return to said haunts once you've got the problem under control.

    I did fine yesterday at my brother's bbq, so we shall see.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home