Geek In the Pink

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Spiderman ain't got nothin' on me

So today I was given an iodine pill so that tomorrow they can scan and take pictures of my innards to determine why my thyroid is all lumpy. They had to ask a million questions about if I was pregnant or not (ha!) as well as when the last time I had any X-rays done. After I was given the go-ahead to be exposed to radiation, they gave me the iodine pill and said "see ya tomorrow."

One of the perks of this was getting up an hour later than normal (hello, 6:30, and not being on the road) as well as getting into work for 8:30. That was nice. It didn't hurt that I didn't actually teach today, but rather graded exams and watched part of Braveheart. Also helped my mentor teacher organize some stuff. Everyone I work with laughs at me, but nothing makes me feel more accomplished than putting papers in binders.

I know I'm a freak, shut up.

I've decided to make an appearance at the prom, but not an overly-long one. I'll probably stay for food and a little bit of the party, then come back home. I'm hoping to catch X-3 tomorrow night (mmm...Wolverine.) Roommate and I have to do some serious baking for Saturday, as The Birthday Party is that night.

Hope everyone is excited for Friday.

Oh yes, West Coast Goddess must inform East Coast Goddess if we are traveling this summer or not.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    In light of recent events, East Coast Goddess is not up for it, actually. Sorry. Blame it on the dain bramage.

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    oh. And, sorry I'm kind of buzzed right now, but let us know how your thyroid goes. Nice to know I'm not the only one who finds radiology exams relaxing (compared to work).

     
  • At 7:13 PM , Blogger An Illegal-Size Paper Production said...

    I don't think you're a freak. It actually freaks me out how messy a lot of professors/teachers seem to me. It makes me think, "Oh my goodness! I hope that doesn't become me."

    As for me, the only weekend plan I have is to see X3. Other than that, I have too little money to do much else.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home